The library recognizes the need for local groups to have a meeting place and all non-profit groups are welcome to request use of the meeting room.
Please call the library at 485-7851 or email Ryan O’Hora at for the necessary form and for the availability of the facility. Groups that are for profit should call the library for pre-approval and information on fees.
The following is the policy for meeting room use:
- The Pembroke Town Library recognizes the rights of free speech and free assembly. Permission for a group to use library space does not mean that the library endorses the groups’ philosophies or objectives. No group may imply in publicity that the library is sponsoring or supporting a group without written permission from the Library Director and/or Board of Trustees.
- The Pine Grove Farm Community Room and the New Hampshire Room are available for community-based, non-profit, educational, cultural and civic organizations. The rooms are not available for the solicitation of funds or fundraising, events or promotion of events for which a fee would be charged. Meetings and programs must be free and open to the public. Voluntary donations may be solicited only with the permission of the Library Board of Trustees.
- The Library’s Community Room is defined as a “public forum space,” and there will be no exclusion of its use based on the points of view, beliefs, or affiliation of sponsors or participants. Groups using the room may not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, religion, national origin or citizenship.
- The rooms may be booked on a continuing basis by any group. Programs must not disrupt the use of the Library by others and persons attending the programs are subject to all Library rules and regulations.
- Requests for use of the rooms must be submitted to the Library Director or designated staff person. The individual requesting the rooms must be 18 years or older.
- A copy of the form for use of the rooms must be signed annually by the appropriate person who will be responsible for the event to be held. If this person changes, new forms must be completed.
- The library reserves the right to schedule library programs at any time. Affected organizations will be given as much prior notice as possible.
- Room reservations may be booked over the telephone, but are not definite until the appropriate form is signed and the fee (if applicable) is paid.
- The New Hampshire Room may be used only during library hours.
- No private parties are allowed.
- Non-compliance of the meeting room rules will result in the cancellation of a groups’ right to reserve a room