Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is the process of borrowing books from other libraries. Are you interested in a book you can’t find at Pembroke? Try requesting it through ILL! “Submit an ILL Request”
Anyone with a Pembroke Town Library card in good standing is able to place a request.
Interlibrary Loan is dependent upon the generosity and goodwill between libraries. Please be careful with their property and return it on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I borrow?
- Audiobooks / Compact Discs
- Large Print Books
- Music CD’s
What can’t I borrow?
- No new items/Publication dates in the last 6-12 months
- Items already owned by the Pembroke Town Library unless it is long overdue
How long does it take to get the item?
- Requests typically take 2-3 weeks
- Out of state requests may take longer
- Please let us know well in advance if you need the item by a certain date.
Are there any fees involved?
- No, there are no fees to request an interlibrary loan item
How long can I keep the item?
- Typically, interlibrary loan Items are available to borrow for 3-4+ weeks at the discretion of the loaning library
- If you need additional time, please contact us well in advance to request a renewal
- The loaning library grants permission for renewals, not the Pembroke Town Library staff.